|BERKELEY BUDDHIST TEMPLE|
The two-day bazaar and arts festival, which is the major fundraiser for the temple, will be held from 3 to 9pm Saturday, May 20, and from 12noon to 7pm Sunday, May 21.
The temple is located at 2121 Channing Way.
Free outdoor entertainment will be on Sunday.
The bazaar will feature a variety of Japanese, Hawaiian and Asian foods, including sushi, udon, loco moco, kalua pork, curry rice and shave ice as well as American fare such as hot dogs, barbecued steaks, hamburgers and portobello mushroom burgers.
The event will also feature a silent auction, arts and crafts, games for children and homemade baked goods.
The temple is located five blocks south of the Downtown Berkeley BART Station.
Hourly rate parking is available at
The Center Street Parking Garage located at 2025 Center Street between Milvia and Shattuck and
The Oxford Garage located at 2165 Kittredge Street beneath the Oxford Plaza/David Brower Center complex.
The Berkeley Buddhist Temple's Bazaar Annual Gift is a program which donates funds to community service organizations.
A portion of this year's proceeds will go to benefit
Bay Area Rescue Mission of Richmond, which has been working with the Bay Area's impoverished since 1965.
Bay Area Rescue Mission offers assistance with shelter, meals, clothing, education, job and life skills training for real and lasting change.
- 2017 Bay Area Rescue Mission of Richmond
- 2016 Maya's Musical Therapy Fund
- 2015 Asian American Donor Program (AADP)
- 2014 Women's Daytime Drop-in Center
- 2013 The Friends Of@disabled Children
- 2012 Alzheimer's Services of the East Bay
- 2011 Berkeley Food & Housing Project
- 2010 J-Sei
- 2009 Niroga Institute, and George Mark Children's House
- 2008 Asian Neighborhood Design, and East Bay Asian Youth Center
- 2007 North Berkeley Nikkei Senior Center
- 2006 Jodo Shinshu Center
- 2005 Sakura Kai, and West Coast Children's Center
- 2004 Japanese American Services of the East Bay (JASEB), and Crisis Support Services of Alameda
- 2003 Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach, and Buddhist Peace Fellowship (Prison Chaplaincy)
- 2002 The Women's Refuge, and Asian Community Mental Health Services (ACMHS)
- 2001 Spanish Speaking Citizen's Foundation, and North County Women's Center